Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Saturday in Dakar


Close-ups of veggie and fruit stands never get old to me.

Just a random walking pic. I always feel like I have to sneak photos in before I get the glares from the locals.


Yes I bought one.

Walking the market.

My favorite part of the day. Drinking Senegalese mint tea, my new must have. We sat on this bench at a makeshift cafe on the side of the street for 2 hours, drinking, talking, watching the life taking place on the street around us around. Here is where we also decided that we would make a short documentary about polygamy in Senegal.

View from our bench. The man sitting here is the barista.

The other customers sitting to my right were laughing at me for being so excited to drink the bag water.

Largest cathedral in Dakar.

Senegal's White House. We got to see the changing of the guards.

Potatoes with spices. Delicious street snack.

Curiosity.

"Les Raps" - The rapid cars / cheap public transportation.
This was the best day I've spent in Dakar so far and my one month of being here. Got to walk around the city, explore the downtown, the big weekend market, drink Senegalese mint tea, people watch, take photos, chit chat - completely unaware of time. Simply wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment