Saturday, July 7, 2012

Solo work trip to coastal city of Mbour

My photos are not very telling, I'm really not doing the best job at taking pictures, but nevertheless, here is a glimpse at my work and play in Mbour. First photo, walking around a neighborhood in Mbour, recruiting youth to take a questionnaire. Public health evaluations in action. It was bloody hot.

More youth taking my questionnaire. Success.

Post-work, beach visit in Mbour. Beautiful!

Sitting under a palm tree, this man must of read my mind because he came behind me, grabbed a coconut, sliced is open and offered it to me and walked away. I was so grateful!

My view as I sat under a palm tree, hiding from the afternoon sun. It was so nice to step away from the crowded city. Beach, ocean and no crowds, so rejuvenating.

Ride back to Dakar, the car broke down, naturally, this is Africa. So we waited.

While the car was getting fixed,  I bought 7 large, ripe mangoes for $2. Unreal.

Also bought some coffee and chewed on a stick. These sticks are actually sold in the market and are used by everybody to clean their teeth. Everybody liked to inform me that the Prophet Mohammed used these after every meal. So I had to try it. I found it amusing, yet the taste of the sticks was not too pleasant and I'm not so sure cleaning teeth part was working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment